About Founder of Gokhale Hospital
DR. SANJEEEV S. GOKHALE
Consulting Orthopedic Surgeon
M.S. (ORTH), (BOM), D.ORTH (BOM)
MBBS from Seth G.S.Medical College, Mumbai.
M.S.(orth) from KEM hospital , Mumbai In 1982.
On the panel of
- Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital
- Poona Hospital
- Joshi Hospital, Ratna Hospital
- Ruby Hall Clinic.
- On the panel of university of pune’s committee for longevity.
- Arthroscopy- early results of first one hundred cases presented to Indian Medical Association. (Third prize)
- High Tibial Osteotomy yearly workshop of IMA (first prize).
- High Tibial Osteotomy paper read at International Federation of Ageing Global Conference in Durban, South Africa in 1997.
All in Marathi.
- Kambardukhi (Explaining everything about backache to common man.)
- Gudaghedukhi (explaining everything about knee problems to common man.)
- Total Knee replacement for the common man explaining everything that a patient needs to know about knee replacement
Both the above books have been published ten years ago and have sold more than one lakh copies.
Numerous articles published in Marathi in newspapers about common orthopedic problems and given talks on TV since last ten years.
Established LAXMI-RAGHUNATH MEDICAL FOUNDATION IN 1996.
Charitable foundation established in the memory of his grandparents. This foundation runs a charitable OPD every Thursday where patients are examined at a nominal sum and given free medicines. The X-rays are taken at a nominal fee.
Completely free surgeries are done for the needy patients on behalf of this foundation. About twelve to fifteen patients make use of this every year. No money whatever is charged for the entire surgery and the material costs including those for plaster, implants, X-rays, hospital room, IV fluids, surgical, anesthesia and physician’s charges are all borne by the foundation. More than a hundred surgeries have been done so far. In addition another twelve patients are given surgical treatments at material cost every year and no surgical, anesthetic or physician fee is charged.
Free BMD camps and orthopedic examinations have been held every year for last several years.