An Inspired Initiative – LRMF
Everybody can be great because anybody can serve .You don’t need a college degree to
serve.you don’t have to know about Plato and Aristotle.or Einstein’s theory of relativety …or the
second theory of thermodynamics in physics,to serve .You only need a heart full of grace.”
Martin Luther King Jr.
LAXMI-RAGHUNATH MEDICAL FOUNDATION
LAXMI-RAGHUNATH MEDICAL FOUNDATION is a Charitable foundation established by Dr.Sanjeev Gokhale in the memory of his grandparents in 1996. This foundation runs a charitable OPD every Thursday where patients are examined at a nominal sum and given free medicines. The X-rays are also taken at a nominal fee.
Completely free surgeries are done for the needy patients on behalf of this foundation. About twelve to fifteen patients make use of this every year. No money whatsoever is charged for the entire surgery and the material costs including those for plaster, implants, X-rays, hospital room, IV fluids, surgical, anesthesia and physician’s charges are all borne by the foundation. More than a hundred surgeries have been done so far. In addition , another twelve patients are given surgical treatments at material cost every year and no surgical, anesthetic or physician fees are charged.
Free BMD camps and orthopedic examinations have been held every year for last several years.
Activities of LAXMI-RAGHUNATH MEDICAL FOUNDATION (LRMF)
- LRMF has been holding (since 1997) a charitable OPD every Thursday afternoon where about fifty to sixty patients are examined for their orthopedic problems. The X-rays are taken at a reduced rate and all the drugs are given free of cost.
- Twelve needy patients’ surgeries are done totally free of any cost every year. The entire expense of the treatment including material expenses, medical consultation and surgical fees are taken care of. Patients don’t have to have to pay anything. Since the inception of the trust, more that fifty such surgeries have been done.
- In addition twelve more needy patients are offered orthopedic surgeries at cost price.
- Free Bone density camps are held for checking osteoporosis of the elderly patients on the first of every month.
- Orthopedic educational pamphlets are distributed free of cost to the patients.
- All the needy patients are given orthopedic aids such as crutches, walkers free of cost.
- Camps are held outside Pune for free orthopedic consultations.
- This trust is covered under 80-G of Income-Tax act so that 50% tax exemption is available to donors.
Dr. Sanjeev Gokhale
Videos at LRMF
aarti shinde before operation
aarti shinde after operation
LRMF charitable orthopedic trust for free surgeries
Gokhale hospital and LRMF free orthopedic surgeries at pune india.
Some of the Free Cases done by LRMF
|Case – 1
Miss Chopade a case of comminuted fracture of the right femur operated in August 2004.
|Case – 2
Mr. Hadke operated for fracture of the ankle mid-2004